Phuket Weather

Let the High Season Begin

The smiling moon has led to a couple of perfect sunny days in Phuket, a cooling northeast breeze taking the edge off the heat. Also, the PAD scum found a face saving way to leave the airports. Twats. Flights have started already, tourists can leave, many will say they are never coming back, but due to the fact that this crisis was resolved without violence (more or less), this will be forgotten. Indeed I am sure by next month there will be almost no effect on tourism. BUT if they ever did it again... Thailand would be up sh*t creek.

The events of this week have shocked me really. Only in Thailand. Only in Thailand. Mob approaches Heathrow Airport? They will get shot and rightly so. And are the leaders of the PAD being arrested? No. I guess I do not understand Thailand, never will, but love living in Phuket anyway!

So, I hope I don't have to comment on politics again - for plenty of continuing comment, news and analysis - try the Bangkok Pundit Blog.

Let's look to the future.

Oh, and I won't comment on the Australian Goverment ass-covering tactic of telling their citizens not to travel to Thailand. Oh, puh-lease. Just coz you got sued after the Bali bombs, you now have to make Thailand out to be some kind of scary terrorist state. Thailand makes the list of countries where you should reconsider your need to travel, so is apparently as scary as Congo, Nigeria, Eritrea, Mauritania, Liberia and Lebanon. What complete and utter rubbish. I was in shock today when an Aussie called wanting to cancel a dive trip in January because it was too dangerous. Sorry mate, I was caught between laughing and banging my head on the desk.

If you are reading this. I live here with my family. We have 2 kids age 7 and 3. There is nothing scary here. Tomorrow our kids have a Fathers Day activity at school. Monks will come to the school and the kids will give offerings. Friday is a public holiday for the King's birthday. Saturday I dare say we will go to the beach. Scary.

This morning, I stopped along the way to take a couple of photos of the Big Buddha shining in the morning sun... scary.

Big Buddha Phuket

Phuket Big Buddha

See you all soon in Phuket. Not scary.


Let the High Season Begin  |  The Phuket Weather Blog

Please Buy Me a Coffee