Phuket Weather

Sunburn in the low season?

After a sunny Saturday, only spoiled by Chelski winnning the FA Cup (I was rooting for Beer Chang... er, I mean Everton), I had one more day of holiday on Sunday, and it was a hot one. We met some friends at a "secret" swimming pool with attached waterslide located near Bang Tao Beach. A couple of hours in the pool and convincing my 4 year old boy that being scared (racing down a waterslide) can be fun too.. and we all had red faces and I had red shoulders. Oh, that low season weather is terrible!

Come on now, I have been saying it for years, the summer / green / low / "monsoon" season is great! Here's a little article on another blog:

Low Season Weather in Phuket

All the locals know it, we like the low season, we don't mind some wetter days. We also know that you get good weather most of the time. This blog has been up for 3 years now, so you can check reports and photos by clicking the Archive links on the left of the page and get a good idea of Phuket weather patterns. Yeh, you'll get some rain, but balance that against crazy hotel prices..

Agoda Phuket Hotels

Do you believe it now, Trinity?

Yesterday had some morning rain, but it can be very isolated and heavy showers may last only a few minutes.... As I was leaving home, my wife called from school saying it was raining heavily there and I should drop our son right by the entrance and she's meet me there. 10 minutes later, son and I arrived at the school. No rain, some blue sky. Rain gone. The rest of the day was warm and sunny aside from an evening downpour around 8pm. Today has been warm all day and it just started pi**ing down now at 7:45pm... and I bet it will not last long, just enough to water the garden and wash the dust off the leaves.

A photo from Sunday - I didn't take my camera to the pool, but James had his camera on a bike ride around Koh Yao Noi - see the Trip Report from the Amazing Bike Tours Blog.

Bikes at Koh Yao Noi, Sunday 31st May


Sunburn in the low season?  |  The Phuket Weather Blog

Please Buy Me a Coffee