Phuket Weather

Changes in the weather

Well, I was almost correct last time. Weather has now changed for the better. Today (Sunday) a glorious sunny day, as was most of yesterday and a good deal of Friday. The winds have all calmed down too. Great diving weather this week. If you were here last week... well, better luck next time :)

Yesterday morning I awoke early, planning a visit to a temple. Trying to get the early morning light and planning to get back early so we could still have a nice family day. Wat Luang Pu Supha temple is home to possibly (subject to ratification) the oldest living man in the world. It was his birthday last week. He is 113. Makes you feel kind of young!

The weather decided to play games with me. Was rather a grey morning, but I wanted to blog this temple anyways. After looking at the temple, I drove up the road behind, which heads up into the hills heading west...



And then the light drizzle turned to heavy rain. Minor flooding on the roads, windscreen wipers on full throttle!



I liked this tree near the temple. The road behind the temple is very scenic, I will drive up there again. Looks like a nice area for a bit of a walk.



Now, that heavy rain was about 7km from my house. When I got back, the garden was dry. There had been no rain! By early afternoon, the sky was clear and blue and I enjoyed taking some sun for what seemed like the first time in ages. The kids stayed sensibly in the shade...



And as the sun streamed through the window, my wife prepared some food for a little dinner with friends. It was nice to sit outside to eat dinner in the early evening.


Changes in the weather  |  The Phuket Weather Blog

Please Buy Me a Coffee