Phuket Weather

Don't Believe Everything You See Online!

I do need to try and update this weather blog a bit more often, last update was 8 days ago and the weather had been mostly, more or less, just about perfect. Well, the weather for the last week has also been pretty darn good, not much of note to write about. A couple of evening or night thunderstorms, good to cool the air. Hot, hazy days. I have been a bit sick the last few days, not been out taking photos. Working hard in the dive shop, and had a family day off on Saturday without any excursion except to visit a nice little coffee shop in Phuket Town in the evening, I will take camera next time and "blog it".

Only pictures I took this week were in the morning on Tuesday. I had dropped my daughter at school at 7:45am. My wife had stayed home with our son (also sick), and since I don't need to really open the dive shop until 9am, I had time for a little walk. Drove down the road past Phuket zoo to Parlai Seafood, one of about half a dozen restaurants along the shoreline there. It's very quiet, a nice place for dinner. I took a walk along the pathway past all the restaurants to get some morning sun and morning exercise.

Boat at Chalong Bay

Early morning, Chalong Bay

Boat at Chalong Bay

Finally, I just have to say - most online weather forecasts for Phuket are completely useless. Because at this time of year you can get thunderstorms now and then, online forecasts tend to show a thunderstorm symbol, meaning "chance of a thunderstorm". This is misleading. Most days are hot and sunny, and if there is a thunderstorm it might only last 30 minutes or 1 hour, and may be very localised. Phuket is a big place. It might be raining at Kata beach, but not at Bang Tao Beach. Crash, bang, boom at Kamala beach and nothing in Phuket Town. Basically, don't worry about the weather. You can check the current weather by using some of the links on the left side of the page (near the top) - the webcams and radar are useful... or follow me on Twitter where I normally write something about the weather every day.


Don't Believe Everything You See Online!  |  The Phuket Weather Blog

Please Buy Me a Coffee