Phuket Weather

HOT weather in Phuket!

The last few days have been HOT. I can't quantify that, sorry. I don't have a built in thermometer, but you can be sure that it's hot when a local says it's HOT! Hotter than normal, and several very calm days too, though as I write this on Monday evening July 30th the wind is picking up and I think the weather is about to turn wet again, about what you'd expect in wet season. The last update on July 25th also mentioned the heat, along with a couple of brief showers. There's been no rain that I've seen since the 25th, only heat. Sometimes hazy, sometimes with blue skies. And the Olympics started in London a couple of days ago where the weather has varied from blue skies to pouring rain. I am glad to find that I can watch live Olympic action on Youtube.

For (almost) daily updates on Phuket weather and news and random things, please do follow me on Twitter @JamieMonk. On the 26th, I posted Tweeted Weather right now in Phuket - Blue. Only Blue. I cannot see a cloud, and then on the 27th Well I tell ya, it's hot in Phuket today. And then on Saturday 28th we took a great day trip out to Koh Yao Noi island, similar to a trip we did last year. I'll write about this trip too when I get round to it! Great day out, helped enormously by the very good weather. I should have worn a hat and put on some sun lotion, but .. I hardly ever wear hats or use sun lotion, just get a red face for a couple of days! Red forearms too from riding around on the moped. Koh Yao Noi is a beautiful place ....

A beautiful day at Koh Yao Noi (on Jamie's Phuket Blog)

Koh Yao Noi Wow

Koh Yao Noi Paradise

(above) East coast of Koh Yao Noi island

Koh Yao Noi Main Street

(above) Koh Yao Noi main street

Koh Yao Noi Gasoline

(above) Gas station on Koh Yao Noi

The last 2 days have also been very hot, wind picking up a bit, and the forecast is predicting 20 - 25 knot winds in the coming days, which normally means some rain too. The forecast I like to look at is Windguru. Hard to predict the weather, and my answer to anyone considering traveling to Phuket in low season is "It'll probably be OK, you'll get some sun, some rain, or maybe no sun, or quite probably hardly any rain" - I like low season myself, like the variation in weather, although this year has been odd so far - much longer periods of hot weather than normal and long periods of wet weather too rather than the usual low season pattern of changing every few days.

Forecast - see you here!

Oh, and if you need a hotel - look at Agoda.com, recommended by me, easy to use website and guaranteed best rates, although they all say that!


HOT weather in Phuket!  |  The Phuket Weather Blog

Please Buy Me a Coffee