Phuket Weather

Sunshine - You don't need a weatherman

OK, so we have had some thundery days recently. I mean, this is not uncommon, but it still surprises a lot of visitors to Phuket. The guidebook and the travel agent said Phuket has 24 hour sunshine at this time of year. Ah yes, but Phuket is in a tropical climate zone, and how do you think everything looks so green? All that greenery, all those trees cannot live on sunlight alone!

However, as I said a couple of days ago, my bones predicted a sunny Sunday. Dem bones were right. Yesterday was hot and sunny, although I was working so had no chance to enjoy the sun. Only in the evening did I manage to escape for a little walk on Karon Beach. The horizon was a bit too cloudy for a spectacular sunset, but ...

Sunset at Karon Beach, Phuket, 22nd March 2009

Karon Beach Phuket - Sunset

More weather news.....

Thanks to Camille in Koh Samui - he writes a Koh Samui Weather Blog. He gave my blogs a nice plug today. Weather in Samui today (quote) "plenty of blue with the sun currently beaming down but there are loads of big and (some) dark clouds looming everywhere". I could write exactly the same for Phuket! Some sun, some dark clouds and plenty of heat!

Finally... I was reminded today of a great song which has a "weather related lyric". You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...



And then by the power of YouTube, the Weird Al version...


Sunshine - You don't need a weatherman  |  The Phuket Weather Blog

Please Buy Me a Coffee