Phuket Weather

Hot Weather in Phuket

Today is hot, there is no other word for it. I had a bizarre back and forth email communication with someone recently who found the heat at this time of year to be so miserable that it ruined his holiday, with 7-11 with their arctic aircon the only refuge. Today would be one of those days. I mean, it's hot here year round, but right now there's hardly any wind and during the middle of the day, and I will say it again, it's HOT here in Phuket. From midday to 3pm a siesta is advised!

There is rain too, with isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. I will emphasize the "isolated" aspect of the rain - on Monday (30th March), I had a Skype chat with my wife as follows.. She was at home near Phuket Town, I was at Karon Beach.

[3/30/2009 6:08:06 PM] Jamie Monk says: hard rain here
[3/30/2009 6:08:18 PM] Sunrise Divers says: oh dear!
[3/30/2009 6:08:19 PM] Jamie Monk says: no not really hard but very windy.
[3/30/2009 6:08:37 PM] Jamie Monk says: blow everything away.
[3/30/2009 6:08:46 PM] Sunrise Divers says: here its sunny, no wind
[3/30/2009 6:12:19 PM] Jamie Monk says: now very very hard rain and very very windy


As the crow flies, it's 10km from my house to Karon Beach, but the weather was totally different.

The last couple of nights have been the same - some localised hard rain, then clear skies and sunny mornings. As I write, our sunny day in Karon Beach looks like it's over... will rain again soon.

Best thing is to get up early. Yesterday I was out of the house by 7:30 and walking on Kamala Beach before 8am. I don't go to Kamala that often, but yesterday enjoyed the walk. The beach is about a mile long and it's so much quieter than the other "main beaches". More about the beach on my Phuket blog : Kamala Beach.

A couple of sunny morning photos from Kamala Beach:

get your coconut oil at Kamala beach

Kamala Beach 1st April


Hot Weather in Phuket  |  The Phuket Weather Blog

Please Buy Me a Coffee