The Phuket Weather Blog

The Phuket Weather Blog - All about the weather in Phuket, Thailand.
For weather updates and Phuket news Follow me on Twitter.


After the rain comes sun. After the sun comes rain again


The last few days have been very changeable after a mostly dry July - we have had some rain now, and what rain! I am thankful that things were dry on Saturday (24th) for the Phuket Photo Walk, but Sunday was wet in the afternoon and our power went out in the dive shop for a couple of hours, and then Monday was rather nasty, lots of rain and strong winds, Tuesday not a huge amount better. It happens. And we do need rain. Don't like it? I hear the Atacama is a nice dry place.

"The voice of the rain" by Walt Whitman

And who art thou? said I to the soft-falling shower,
Which, strange to tell, gave me an answer, as here translated:
I am the Poem of Earth, said the voice of the rain,
Eternal I rise impalpable out of the land and the bottomless sea,
Upward to heaven, whence, vaguely form'd, altogether changed, and
yet the same,
I descend to lave the drouths, atomies, dust-layers of the globe,
And all that in them without me were seeds only, latent, unborn;
And forever, by day and night, I give back life to my own origin,
and make pure and beautify it;

Wednesday, after those 2 wet days, was perfect. Sunny, warm, sea calmes down. I took a late afternoon walk at Kata beach. Low season on the beaches. Not many people. Some folks enjoying the sun. Enjoying it doubly so having been denied it for a couple of days.

Kid on moped, Kata Beach, 28th July

Koh Pu island, just off Kata Beach

And then Thursday was pretty dark and wet too. I drove my daughter to school at about 7:30am. We missed the rain, but from our house we look west to the hills, and what I described to my daughter as a "black wall" was coming over the hills. Meanwhile, at about the same time, Alasdair was in Kamala - he later posted this photo on his blog:

Storm front approaching Kamala

Looks very dramatic, but didn't last that long! Today has been mostly grey and rainy too. Saturday tomorrow - a day off for me. I have a plan to go visit a remote fishing village in the mangroves of Phang Nga Bay, but think that can wait another week - our whole family seems very tired at the moment. Son was a bit ill for a few days last weekend, daughter has developed a cough, my dear wife slept late this morning, I dropped the kids at school. I think this week a lazy Saturday is called for. Check the ad below, the first one sums up my current Friday feeling:


After the rain comes sun. After the sun comes rain again  |  The Phuket Weather Blog

More About Phuket : Jamie's Phuket Blog | Book Your Hotel Here


This Phuket Weather blog entry was first published on July 30, 2010



« Previous Phuket Weather Post : July she will flyPrevious Phuket Weather Post : Phuket in JulyPrevious Phuket Weather Post : July - looking good so far!Previous Phuket Weather Post : It was a rainy June!Previous Phuket Weather Post : Typical low season weather - Not too bad!Previous Phuket Weather Post : The sun and the rainPrevious Phuket Weather Post : Drownings at Phuket BeachesPrevious Phuket Weather Post : Low Season SunshinePrevious Phuket Weather Post : Yes, the rainy season is here!Previous Phuket Weather Post : I knew it - Phuket is not a rainy place!
» Latest Phuket Weather : Phuket Weather Blog Home