Phuket Weather

Dark days of autumn rain

I think we could use a little sun tomorrow. I am on holiday! Hey! Mother Nature! Sort it out! Well, half of today was taken up with working on emails, waiting for the men from Home Pro to come with our new furniture and assemble it, cleaning up after them and rearranging the entire contents of several wardrobes and cupboards. Hanging around at home didn't really matter since it was raining most of the time.

In order to ease rain soaked depression, one can turn to Robert Frost...

My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane.

Later we ventured out for a little drive around the Kathu area.

Small chinese shrine in Kathu Village

(above) Chinese shrine in Kathu Village - a predominantly Chinese-Thai community and an important center for the upcoming Vegetarian Festival (11 - 19 October)

Loch Palm Golf Course

(above) Just 2km from Kathu Village is Loch Palm Golf Club. I don't play golf, but Phuket is full of golf courses (see Golf in Phuket).

Mining Museum (due to open sometime in the not too distant future)

(above) Along the back road between Loch Palm and the British International School (a very nice scenic road) is the new Kathu Mining Museum, due to open in December, though I asked somebody there and they said "next year". Tin Mining was very important in the history of Phuket and I hope the museum will be worth the 50 million Baht spent on it. Website : www.kathutin.com

The wind has died down this evening, PLEASE be sunny tomorrow, I want to take my kids to the beach.


Dark days of autumn rain  |  The Phuket Weather Blog

Please Buy Me a Coffee